ZEISS Compact Prime
CP.3 & CP.3 XD Lenses
Digital technologies have transformed traditional filmmaking and refashioned the market. New and innovative technologies in both production and post-production have paved the way for a more versatile, cost effective and advanced workflow. The ZEISS CP.3 family is the latest contribution from ZEISS to support creative and progressive filmmaking with an affordable, future-proof and premium quality lens set.
The ZEISS CP.3 lenses offer the perfect combination of high image quality and reliable usability. They exhibit the clean, crisp characteristics ZEISS is known for, together with an interchangeable mount system and full-frame coverage.
The ZEISS CP.3 XD version features innovative and ground-breaking lens data technology to speed-up and simplify the workflow on set and in post-production.
The ZEISS eXtended Data is a unique technology which is based on the
/i* Technology and provides information about the lens’ distortion and shading characteristics in real time. With the ZEISS CP.3 XD lenses, even small productions on a limited budget gain access to the advanced techniques common in state-of-the-art, big budget films, commercials and television shows.
Tailored for today’s cinema and beyond.
True cine look
- Clean and crisp ZEISS look which matches perfectly with other ZEISS cinema lenses
- Color matching and covering full frame across the full range of focal lengths from 15 to 135 mm
- Special lens coatings support high-dynamic range projects
Ultimate cine ergonomics
- Standardized positioning of the focus rings and a consistent 95 mm front diameter allows for fast and easy changeover while on set
- Extraordinarily smooth focus rotation even in extreme temperature conditions thanks to a new, sophisticated construction design
- Consistent T-stops simplify lighting on set and exposure compensations (T2.9 for 15 to 21 mm and T2.1 for
25 to 135 mm)
Compact design for the new digital workfow
- The compact and light-weight design is ideal for handheld, gimbal, drone and Steadicam applications
- Consistent size and weight across most of the focal lengths enables quick change of lenses when used on drones and gimbals
- The ultra-smooth focus rotation allows use of small focus motors
Mastering the digital cinema workfow
- The ZEISS eXtended Data is a unique technology that provides information about the lens’ distortion and shading characteristics in real-time
- The lens settings are digitally captured on every frame, avoiding the need to manually record the lens settings for every shot
- Documentation of the lens’ characteristics enhances creativity by allowing more complex shots to be handled in post-production